- Students will identify the characteristics of a biome and teach the other members of their group.
- Students will create a wiki page for the biome they studied to use in teaching the other members of their group.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of biomes in their travel brochure on the Biome World Tour.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the effect of biome characteristics by presenting a group project describing the adaptations needed for a specific animal to survive in a specific biome
Become a Biome Expert
- Your group will become the experts on your assigned biome.
- You will do research and build a wiki page for the class website together.
- Gather your information on the characteristics of your assigned biome.
- Keep track of which web sites you use.
- As a group pick 3 animals that live in that biome to research. Be sure to look for adaptations that help them to survive.
- Use the template to plan a wiki page you can use to teach your home group about your assigned biome.
- During your assigned time, help transfer information, pictures, etc. to the wiki page for your biome.
- Make sure everyone understands the information well enough to teach it. (Remember teach not tell)
(Use this one if you don't have MS Word)
Biome World Tour Brochure. Students can use the link below for a form to help your group plan this brochure:
below for a form to to help your group plan this brochure.
- An alien collector not authorized for the collection of Earth animals has been collecting from all Earth biomes.
- When he saw the Intergalactic Life Form Protection Officers approaching, he dumped his cargo.
- All animals landed safely but not in the correct biome.
- An army of volunteers activated to help the animals survive in the new biome until they can be returned to their home biome.