- Students will identify the characteristics of a biome and teach the other members of their group.
- Students will create a wiki page for the biome they studied to use in teaching the other members of their group.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of biomes in their travel brochure on the Biome World Tour.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the effect of biome characteristics by presenting a group project describing the adaptations needed for a specific animal to survive in a specific biome
Become a Biome Expert
- Your group will become the experts on your assigned biome.
- You will do research and build a wiki page for the class website together.
- Gather your information on the characteristics of your assigned biome.
- Keep track of which web sites you use.
- As a group pick 3 animals that live in that biome to research. Be sure to look for adaptations that help them to survive.
- Use the template to plan a wiki page you can use to teach your home group about your assigned biome.
- During your assigned time, help transfer information, pictures, etc. to the wiki page for your biome.
- Make sure everyone understands the information well enough to teach it. (Remember teach not tell)
Biome World Tour Brochure. Students can use the link below for a form to help your group plan this brochure:
below for a form to to help your group plan this brochure.
- An alien collector not authorized for the collection of Earth animals has been collecting from all Earth biomes.
- When he saw the Intergalactic Life Form Protection Officers approaching, he dumped his cargo.
- All animals landed safely but not in the correct biome.
- An army of volunteers activated to help the animals survive in the new biome until they can be returned to their home biome.